The white suds around the rim of the pint glass are called “Brussels Lace” or “Lace”. Interested in learning more about tasting terminology? Check out this helpful guide at Beerutopia.com
ALLEY KAT 101
Alley Kat Facts
- 4th oldest brewery in Alberta
- Technically speaking we’re both a brewery and meadery since both beverages are made in one facility
- We have the capacity to ferment 8,300 hectolitres annually, which is equivalent to 2.4 million bottles
Did you know?
- Beer is one of the world’s oldest prepared beverages, possibly dating back to 9000 BC
- The third most popular beverage in the world is beer, surpassed only by water and tea
- Edmonton’s tap water is ideal for brewing a wide range of styles, from Munich Helles lager to dark ales
- Beer was included in one of the worlds first written legal codes. The Code of Hammurabi dating from the 18th century BC dictated a death by drowning to a beer seller who charged an unfair price for beer.